Home Decor, DIY, Parties, Nesting, Cooking, Random Thoughts...all part of our family's journey

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Corban's First Birthday


I've been hesitant to post pictures from Corban's First Birthday because I haven't finished taking photos of all the decorations :)  My mom was in the hospital so Corban's party was pushed back a week and I just didn't get them all done.  So, I have plans to finish them and restage the mantel :)

My sister did his invitation.  I love the grey/green combo.


It is really hard to find boy fabric.  I picked these up at Hobby Lobby and made Corban a bib and bunting for his high chair.


Our friends that came over were on a vegan diet -- I had to come up with foods they could eat as well.  Easier said than done.  I simplified my menu and served fruits and veggies with coconut milk fruit dip and cashew based veggie dip, guacamole, hummus and tortilla chips.  I also served non-vegan cupcakes and mini french silk pies.


There's a reason my mom always decorates my cakes.  My pitiful attempt :)


The cupcakes looked cute though.  I made the sugar using the same color as the smash cake.


Next time I make miniature French Silk pies I need to roll the crust thinner and pipe more filling -- it was too much crust.  And I need to make sure the butter is fully incorporated in the pie filling -- I personally gag biting into butter.

I'll get this post updated as soon as I can with the rest of the decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment