Home Decor, DIY, Parties, Nesting, Cooking, Random Thoughts...all part of our family's journey

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Turquoise & Burlap Wreath


I decided with my birthday money this year I wanted to make a burlap wreath for our front door.


I picked up a wire wreath form, burlap fabric (cheaper than purchasing ribbon), and three spools of ribbon:  turquoise burlap, blue & white chevron and blue crystals.  

The burlap fabric v. ribbon is a personal choice -- the fabric is cheaper but it leaves strings.  Also, the wider you cut the fabric the fluffier your wreath will become.


The crystal ribbon proved a bit of a challenge -- I had to weave floral wire through the ribbon to make it sturdy enough to hold its shape.  

I also now know why people charge so much for wreaths at craft shows -- the materials for this (on 40% off sale) were $25.  Four months later I need to take it down and fluff it a bit, but it's still holding up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment